Step-by-Step Tutorial Session 2 - Full Car Aerodynamics (Part 1)

Just share the project with me @acarballo and I will give that a try! :+1:

Cheers,

Jousef

@jousefm Here is the link:

Thank you in advance,

Ángel

Hi,
I have this problem.

Hi @vforte,

Please go back and check your mesh settings. Your Background Mesh Box is too small for the simulation to work. All your settings are correct, except the size of the box, and this has led to a mesh that has 15 million cells. Almost double what we are using.

Your box should have an x-max of 18m, right now it’s 1.8m

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Diego

1 Like

Hi @acarballo!

Could it be that the link you provided me with has no simulation in it? Set it up first and share the new link with me again please.

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm!
I can’t set up a simulation because I have a problem when I try to run the Mesh Operation

Just share the link with me @acarballo!

I will have a look at it :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jousef

Probably a wall function boundary condition has been assigned to the bounding face of a MRF zone. Please check your boundary conditions and make sure that no boundary conditions are defined on the bounding faces of the MRF zones.

I am getting this error, althought i checked all my values. What should id do?

Can you share your project @amanvaibhav?

I can then tell you which zones you have to select/deselect in order to make your project work.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,

Here is the link again:

Cheers,

Ángel

@jousefm it is working now, I think that everything is ok

Nice @acarballo!

What was the issue?

Best,

Jousef

Hello

Could you explain me how can i change the name of the Geometry Primitive, when click generate mesh appears this error window:

Error: The Bounding Box requires a unique and mandatory Geometry Primitive of type “Cartesian Box” with name:
Caja de fondo

but the name is Background Mesh Box.

Can you share the project with me @DavidNebot?

Best,

Jousef

How far should be the material point from the car body.? Does distance of the material point from the car body affects the quality of mesh?

Hi @pankajkumar979,

The material point just defines if you want to perform an external or internal flow analysis (point outside or inside the geometry). The distance itself is redundant.

Does that help?

Best,

Jousef

Thanks!

Is Turbulent kinetic energy value used in this simulation taken from a experiment?

@jousefm I am facing the same problem. I am on the professional account. Could you please help me? Thank you.

Hi @achristofi!

Do you want to get your account changed to a community plan? And what exactly is the problem?

Cheers!

Jousef