Step-by-Step Tutorial Session 2 - Full Car Aerodynamics (Part 1)

Hi @shobhit9192, the deadline is October 3rd at 11:59 pm CEST

@adeouskar - your account has been changed to the community plan so you can proceed with the homework :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Anna

Hey,
I have followed all the steps up to mesh refinement, After completely assigning all the mesh refinements, when I turned back to Operation 1, all the values which I have assigned have changed.

Hey @syedak47,

Could you please be more specific? This would help us solve the issue much faster! :slight_smile: Do you mean the values for the meshing options under Operation 1? Or the values for the refinement levels in your refinements?

Cheers,
Diego

@drodriguez32
Actually, I completed the whole procedure until mesh refinement 11. Then to start the meshing I went to Operation 1, and there I saw that the values which I mentioned in “Mesh Operation” such as no. of cores, no. of cells in x,y,z etc. all changed to random values.

Hey,
I’ve done all operations for mesh refinement as written in this tutorial. However after seting up and running symmulation it’s stopped after appx. 30min and shows a message : The job execution was aborted, possibly due to a numerical instability. Review the log to identify reasons: nonphysically large field values, extremely small time step size, etc. Modifying numerical settings and time step size could resolve the issue. I realized that there has to be sth wrong with mesh so I went back and changed some values that I forgot about before, but still it shows some that mesh is not okey. Could you look into that?

Thanks

Hi! I have a problem when I try to run de Operation 1. It says “The maximum run time of this job would exceed your computation quota. You can try to adjust the settings of the operation and to restart it”. How can I run the operation? I’ve followed all the steps.

Hi @acarballo!

You can reduce the Maximum runtime [s] in the Simulation Control a bit and if this won’t work I can run the simulation for you if you like. Do you still have the professional trial account?

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm ! The problem is that I can’t run the mesh operation. If you could look into my project I would be grateful. I have the community account.

Thanks!

Just share the project with me @acarballo and I will give that a try! :+1:

Cheers,

Jousef

@jousefm Here is the link:

Thank you in advance,

Ángel

Hi,
I have this problem.

Hi @vforte,

Please go back and check your mesh settings. Your Background Mesh Box is too small for the simulation to work. All your settings are correct, except the size of the box, and this has led to a mesh that has 15 million cells. Almost double what we are using.

Your box should have an x-max of 18m, right now it’s 1.8m

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Diego

1 Like

Hi @acarballo!

Could it be that the link you provided me with has no simulation in it? Set it up first and share the new link with me again please.

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm!
I can’t set up a simulation because I have a problem when I try to run the Mesh Operation

Just share the link with me @acarballo!

I will have a look at it :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jousef

Probably a wall function boundary condition has been assigned to the bounding face of a MRF zone. Please check your boundary conditions and make sure that no boundary conditions are defined on the bounding faces of the MRF zones.

I am getting this error, althought i checked all my values. What should id do?

Can you share your project @amanvaibhav?

I can then tell you which zones you have to select/deselect in order to make your project work.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm,

Here is the link again:

Cheers,

Ángel

@jousefm it is working now, I think that everything is ok

Nice @acarballo!

What was the issue?

Best,

Jousef