Solid Body Motion

Hello All ,
I am trying to create a solid body motion of acceleration for a certain period of time and then stopping using the advanced concepts but cant find anything that allows me to do this everything is for the entire length of the simulation is there any way to have a linear acceleration and then bring the body to rest?

Thank you,
Will

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to bring oscillating linear motion to a stop within the same simulation I want my solid body to oscillate but then come to a stop a few seconds after any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Will

Hi Will!

Have just merged your topics together. Does your question refer to FE or CFD analysis? This doc entry might help you out: 6-DOF Motion

Let me know if it really helped. Good luck and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

It is a Multiphase CFD simulation I’m trying to accelerate the tank and then bring it to a stop not sure if the 6 DOF motion is the right way to go for that.

Thank you,
Will

Hey Will!

This is definitely an option, here have a look at that one: Slosh Analysis.

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi @whuaman

in case you couldn’t find the solid body motion option in the link that @jousefm shared you can look at the img below

Thanks
Ani

1 Like

Yes I have found this, but is there a simple way to use linear motion for a period of time for example 5 seconds and then have the body come to a stop?

Thank you,
Willie

Hi @whuaman

You can use dynamic model to perform this simulation. There you can import the distance v/s time file…here is the screenshot of that option to make things clear.

Thanks
Ani

1 Like

While this is exactly what I want to happen I am trying to perform this in a multi phase simulation to capture the sloshing phenomena of fluid inside of the tank. Is there a way to do this in multi phase simulations?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @whuaman

You will have to use the data obtained from the force and moment option and then use that data for performing a dynamic simulation on your model.