Simulation runs so slowly or stops suddenly

Hi there,

I am simulating a three cube one inside another to emulate the heat transfer between an aluminium cast piece at 600ºC approx (nucleus, smallest cube) and the mould structure (second cube) and the air (the biggest one that are an enclosure).

I have done two simulations with two different solids:

1. The first one is composed by a big cube where inside is represented the piece as a cavity (the cavity is the piece that is about 600 ºC) but I can’t select the cavity as a different solid material from the entire solid.
    URL: 1.1 Cast test - Two pieces and enclosure by ss_garcia | SimScale
  2. The second one CAD model is composed by two solids: a small, thin cube inside another one bigger. Both of them are two different CAD files.

In the first case I want to know why when I am trying to simulate a 1000 s or 500s end time simulation, it go on so slowly (a simulation can last 8 hours or more…) or why it stops at midrunning with an error of divergence.

In the second case I want to know why the simulations ever stops and says that “Maximum number of iterations exceeded …” when I have checked the mesh and the problem can’t be flow conditions (there aren’t flows)

Thankful.

Case 1 error

Case 2 error

Hi there, would it be possible that you create one forum post for each issue? This will be more organised, and easy to discuss, what do you think? :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like