SimScale - OpenFOAM Version

Can a staff member provide this info? I can’t find it in the documentation.

1 Like

Hi @hnassar!

The current OpenFOAM version we are using is Version: 2.3.1. For the sake of completeness, I should mention that we are using a newer version for SnappyHexMesh 16.06+. Hope that I could help!

All the best!

Jousef

2 Likes

Hi thanks for replying.
Was it changed recently? or is this the only version ever used on SimScale?

Hi @hnassar!

Very old projects used an older version of OpenFOAM. We upgraded the version in the past and made sure that old projects were not affected.

Best,

Jousef

2 Likes

Hi
Is the version has been updated now?

The current version is a modified OF version of 2.3.1.

All the best!

Jousef

Is it possible to install that modified OF in a local computer?

Hello everyone @jousefm @vishnubabu_c1

Do you know If there is a way to reproduce a mesh done with Hex Paramétrica Dominant mesh generator here in SIMSCALE using the OF with the correct version? Or there is a lot of modification done from the source/base code in OF ?

Hope to ser some reply.
Regards!

@jousefm Kindly help me with an update on the current version of OpenFOAM that Simscale is using now? Is it still OpenFOAM Version 2.3.1?

Secondly, is it still SnappyHexMesh 16.06+ and wat reference link can I use for referencing as Simscale Documentation? Thank you. Stay safe! :sunglasses: :mask:

DonVic

AFAIK this is still the case @donvic - asked about Snappy just in case :wink:

Please note that OF is not OF in our case because we do a lot of development internally which is not directly comparable to a specific OF version.

Update: Snappy version is SnappyHexMesh 16.06+ :+1:

Cheers,

Jousef

1 Like