Setting CAD up for Torsional Tests

Hey, I am trying to do the torsional test for my chassis. My connections are not getting defined properly at the rear and imprinting is also failing.
Can you please help me set mu CAD out

Hi @pratiks_ashwa,

Can you share the link to your project?

Usually in models like this the tubes either are not touching at the interfaces or they are penetrating each other. Sometimes you can zoom in far enough to see if this is the case.

Also, in your can package you can try to merge all the parts into one. If all the tubes are the same material is a very good option.

Thanks!
Christopher

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

This is the link to the public project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2208569269076302396&mi=geometry%3A1&mt=GEOMETRY

And as @cjquijano said, the model indeed contains interferences:

All the sections that are colored in red below indicate overlapping parts:

You must make sure that no interferences occur before you upload the model and imprint it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Fillia

Thanks a lot and can you tell me how to check for interferences so that next time I can Check it on my own.
Again Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot for the reply I think I mailed you the link(Sorry for that), I think the query is resolved.
Again thanks a lot.

Hey, It worked thanks

1 Like

I am using the cloud-based CAD software OnShgape to check for interferences and then fix them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok thanks!