Session 1 Q&A with Rene Hillhorst

Since there was not enough time during Session 1 for our guest speaker, Rene Hilhorst, to answer all of your questions, we are opening a Q&A thread. If you have a question for Rene, please use the reply button and post it here before Monday.

We’ll then gather all of the questions for Rene and he will share his answers with you.

Here we go, ask away!

1 Like

Hi,

I was wondering where it is possible to download the software for the creation and analysis of airfoils used in the presentation by Mr. Hilhorst. Is there an Academic/Educational demo version for students?

Thank you in advance,
Alessandro

1 Like

Hi there! got a questions (hopefully they can still be answered!).

To work out what downforce/drag is created as a vehicle accelerates from 0-100km/h, how many simulations should you run at different speeds to gain reasonable accuracy of downforce/drag force available over the speed range? (Compared to running simulations at 1km/h increments from 0 to 100km/h)

1 Like

Hi @AleDaldox and @jallwright - thanks for sharing your questions. We will pass them onto Rene and share his answers with you in this thread.

Cheers!
Anna

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:
i would also be interested in downloading optiprof
for using it in my Formula Student Team.
Are there news about Rene giving access to it ?

Cheers!
Felix

Hi Felix (@FSK)!

I will ask about the software and get back to you as soon as I know more.

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Hi @FSK,

The OPTIPROF software has been distributed - please note that it is only available to SimScale Sponsored Teams (Application here)

Best,
Anna

1 Like

Hi, can I also ask for a version of Optiprof?

kind regards, Peter

Hi @sengineering!

Please use the application form. Anna will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

Jousef