Running SimScale Simulation

Which is the latest version of OpenFOAM (Linux and Windows) where SimScale file can be run without any problem?

Please provide your feedback.

Sachin

Hi Sachin!

Would have to ask my colleagues to be exact here but I am not sure if that even matters because there will be a change in the future where uploads are restricted. But let me check that and get back to you asap!

I assume you want to only upload your mesh?

Best,

Jousef

Hello Jousef,
It is not about uploading the file. But running Simscale simulation in OpenFOAM so which is the latest version of OpenFOAM where this simulation can be run without any trouble.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi @sachinparamane
I am guessing you want to download OpenFOAM results and use them locally? In that case the best OpenFOAM version is 2.3.1. However you’ll need to remove a couple of things, for example functionObjects, which are not publicly available.
Johannes

1 Like

Got it the way around Sachin :smiley: Hope the answer from my colleague Johannes helps!

Best,

Jousef

Thanks Johannes,
For simpler problems I could run the simulation in OpenFOAM by changing dew things in the OpenFOAM code like turbulenceProperties, changing the unit of pressure etc. However for Rotating domain problem or Multiple Reference Problem i am getting error as below

No MRF models present

Creating finite volume options from “system/fvOptions”

Selecting finite volume options model type MRFSource

–> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Unknown Model type MRFSource

OpenFOAM doesnot understand the Model type MRFSource
So how to solve this problem. If I could solve this it will be really of great help.

Sachin

Somehow I found workaround. Which is although long way by removing many things simulation at least running now. Will check the results and then only confirm this was perfect way around.

Sachin

2 Likes

Hi Sachin!
Glad to hear you found a workaround :slightly_smiling_face: Would you mind sharing how you managed to make it work?
Johannes