Residuals plot can't be reached 10^-3. Can I use this result?

Hello!

I have run my project and see the results. The residuals plot can’t be reached 10^-3. Could anyone please give me some advice how to decrease the residuals plot? Can I use this result? or I have to decrease the residuals plot before using.
Here is my project link: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4930889061328870686&rru=20a6014e-8d85-424b-9ada-2c5bcf37822f&ci=8b1cb08d-ae70-42b5-928d-c23d7bfadc9d&ct=CONVERGENCE_PLOT&mt=SIMULATION_RESULT

Thank you in advance. :smile:

Hi there,
Looks like you need to focus on a better convergence of the simulation. You can have a look at How to Check Convergence for a better idea.

You can work on the initial conditions, relaxation factor, numerical schemes , tolerances etc.

In case of this simulation, consider the following:

• Mesh quality could impose a lower limit on residual values. Even though your mesh looks good, convergence of the solution by refining the mesh should be studied.
  • Linear solvers have an impact on convergence behavior. You could try a different solver for pressure to see if residuals change.
  • Absolute and relative residuals must be considered carefully. You can have a look at a discussion on this here . As demonstrated, residuals must be chosen in accordance with all variables.

If you want to make sure that the mesh you use is giving you the highest accuracy you can expect, then you should do a Mesh Independence Study on it.

2 Likes