Problem with creating internal flow volume

Hi ww680,

great to see that you were able to start the mesh/run.

With regards to the current run, I would highly suggest you try to further reduce the complexity of your project. Based on the meshing Log the current project has 19 million cells, after the first mesh iteration, and it will only go higher from here.

So, therefore, I would recommend to further defeature your model.

Here are a few things I would recommend to reduce the complexity of a cell stack.

1. Ensure that the Cell Face and the holder are truly touching. there might be gap.
  2. remove the fillets of the cells.
  3. remove the small steps from the cel holder.

Best regards
Sebastian

Thank you, is there any additional settings for the mesh that will make the simulation run faster too?

My simulation has been stuck on 70% for a while now but I don’t want to end the simulation as I have been waiting a long time for it, what should I do?

Hi,

due to the huge number of small faces, as described in my post before the mesh is taking very long.

As you can see here in the meshing log. The process is still meshing with 273Million Cells being produced.

I would recommend to stop this mesh operation, as the simulation will not be able to run, with such a huge mesh.

Please proceed and perform the CAD Cleanup as described above.

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi,

It is not possible to remove the gap as the faces have been mated but a very small gap still exists, will this be okay to proceed if the other changes have been made?

Also, can the mesh settings be left as default since I notice that adjusting the settings accordingly to the thermal management tutorial you sent me increases the number of cells.

My simulation run seemed to have restarted with my new CAD file

and it seems to be re-rendering all the faces again which were done previously.

What should I do? I really need results as soon as possible and it’s frustrating because this simulation never completes and it takes hours to do so.

I have reduced the fineness of the mesh to 2 (more coarse) and I have increased the number of processors to 8 on both mesh and simulation control, however the time taken to run the simulation has not been affected. HELP

This error has occurred 105 minutes into the simulation run which I’ve already made adjustments to? This never popped up prior to increase number of cores and decreasing fineness of the mesh so it doesn’t make sense as to why it would show up after I made these changes?

Is there any other way to get this simulation to produce some form of results as I’ve been working on this for days with no avail

Simulation still can’t run

I have decided to use a singular module and the mesh is able to generate, however when I try to run the simulation this error pops up and I don’t know how to fix it:

Making the mesh more fine did not fix this issue