Problem with an aicraft modeling

Hello,

I am traying to make a statical analysis of my project. The error is: “The solution matrix is not factorizable. This might be caused by an unconstrained rigid body motion or by overconstrained degrees of freedom due to multiple linear relations at at least one node” Any idea how to solve it?

Thank you.

My project: ESTRUCTURA AVION by vladikcegarra (is public)

Hey there,

Please provide the link to your project so I can be sure we are looking at the same setup! (just copy and paste the URL at the top).

I will be glad to review it and come with suggestions.

Thanks for the link!

The problem with the model is that you have multiple parts (22) and they are not connected. So, if you apply the fixed support boundary condition at some bodies, the other bodies might not get constrained.

Usually the automatic contact detection takes care of this by connecting faces from adjacent parts, but in your case most the parts do not touch, thus only three bonded contacts are created.

You need to go back to your CAD and fix this problem by:

• If all the parts are made with the same material, try to fuse them into one.
  • If you need to keep the multiple parts, modify your model so that adjacent parts touch each other in the contact face or faces.
1 Like

Yes, I guessed that was the problem. Thanks a lot for your help and support!

1 Like