Can anybody tell me how to use the probe tool in ParaView?
It sounds like a simple question but I’ve always found probing problematic. Here is my current method:
- With a results file loaded in ParaView I select the Probe Location filter and click apply.
- In ParaView V5 a spreadsheet window automatically opens to show the probe results. In previous versions the spreadsheet windows must be opened manually.
- Hovering over the model I use the P key to probe an area of interest.
- If I’m lucky, the results will appear in the spreadsheet view. More often than not the results will be zero as shown below.
- It appears that the probe location has not snapped to the surface as expected. This can be seen in a side view of the probe location.
- To increase my chances of getting a result I increase the number of points and the radius.
- This sometimes works but often it does not.
Is there a way to make the probe location snap to the model surface to get a more reliable result? I’ve tried CTRL+P but this does not work either.