Pipe heat-loss

Hi Jousef,

I’m trying to model heat-loss from a simple pipe (transporting a fluid) to the ambient environment. I tried using a convective heat transfer model but I got an error which I couldn’t understand: SimScale

Am I using the right simulation type?

Best, Bharath

Hi Bharath,

the project is set to private, please make it public so that we can have a look at the issue.

Cheers,

Jousef

Hi Jousef,

Done. The mistake I made was that I was using the wrong mesh. I ran a successful simulation, but I have another problem now:

I used an incompressible simulation to find the pressure loss through the pipe, and I am using a convective heat transfer simulation to find the heat-loss. I’d like to build a single simulation which does both assuming turbulent flow. Any advice on how I can do this?

Thanks, Bharath

Hi Bharath!

Seems to work now as far as I can see? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Jousef

Hi Jousef,

Yes, works now. Any thoughts on my earlier question:

“I used an incompressible simulation to find the pressure loss through the pipe, and I am using a convective heat transfer simulation to find the heat-loss. I’d like to build a single simulation which does both assuming turbulent flow. Any advice on how I can do this?”

Best, Bharath

Hi Bharath,

have a look at this module: CHT Analysis.

Best,

Jousef