Paraview time 0

The problem that I find when I download the results from SimScale is that I cannot see the time 0 in paraview. I can’t see on the screen the initial boundary conditions.

Maybe it is because in folder number “0” there is not a folder “uniform” with the file “time”.
I’ sure that many people have had this issue before. Can anyone tell me a solution.

Besides, when I start paraview, it shows me this message: “ERROR: In C:\bbd\7cc78367\source-paraview\VTK\IO\Geometry\vtkOpenFOAMReader.cxx, line 7541
vtkOpenFOAMReaderPrivate (0000024AF0B42280): Wrong list type for uniform field”
I don’t know if it’s connected with the query.

Thanks.

Hi @sl_pez,

can you tell me which project you are referring to? I will then have a look at the issue.

In the meantime, please have a look at this video from us and tell me if that already answers your question.

Good luck and cheers!

Jousef

@jousefm @sl_pez, I’m not sure what you mean by can’t see the boundary conditions in 0 times, what do you expect to see? like velocity at the velocity inlet etc?

But my main reason for writing this is that error message, I thought it was something I had to live with!! Whenever I do anything it pops up:

Really annoying, and to be honest… could the first issue be the cause of the message? (edit, you already said that :smiley: )

Kind regards,
Darren

Hi everyone,

I’m facing the same problem as @sl_pez. I recently downloaded ParaView 5.4.1 and OpenFOAM 4.0 and 5.0. Whenever I open a project, I just can’t see the time “0”. ParaView ignores it and starts from the next time.

I have just seen a screenshot of ParaView posted by @1318980 in the topic named “Using Paraview on a Mac”, as an answer for shinisomara’s question. I don’t know which project was that one, but you can see in the “Current Time Controls” that it starts from time 1000.

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve that?

Kind regards,
Igor

@idetoni are you getting an error? if not I think it’s just a that para view by default skips the zero time step here is where to change it:

Kind regards,
Darren

2 Likes

Dear @1318980 ,

Perfect! I hadn’t realised the Skip Zero Time box. Everything workind fine now.
I hadn’t had any error message.
Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Igor

2 Likes