Paraview Display Issue on Window 10

Hi again,

I just finished my first run on FEA. I downloaded the result and tried to open it on Paraview. However, when I open the file and cliked Apply under the properties tab, the Paraview GUI just went messed up.It was still responsive to my mouse command, rotating, panning, zooming. I could still hover the cursor on buttons and drop down menus but the positions of them were off. It was impossible to navigate through menus. I tried opening a simple connecting rod file from a tutorial and that one did not have this issue. I am unsure if the file was too large to be handled in Paraview (700 ish MB should not be too big, I suppose).

Since Paraview is working with other .pvd files, so I assume this issue is more related to Simscale so I decided to post a topic in this forum. My graphic card is Intel and I already updated the latest firmware. My Paraview was installed using the binary source.

Here is the link to my project → SimScale

Any help would be really appreciated.

Boris

Hi Boris!

Thanks for giving us detailed insights here, will forward to my colleague from the PP department.

Best,

Jousef

Update: A colleague of mine tried it himself and he is unable to reproduce this on his side, with PV. This looks like a ParaView problem, not a result issue.

Things you can try though:

Best,

Jousef

Jousef, you saved me again! I changed to version 5.6.1 and it worked.

Thanks a lot.

Perfect! This time, the tip came from my colleague Bogdan :slight_smile: Props to him!

Happy continued SimScaling (or Paraviewing… :wink: )

Jousef