OpenFOAM code export?

Hi all,

a general question: is it possible to extract the full OpenFOAM code of a simulation I did in SimScale? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
An-Sofie

Hi An-Sofie (@achristiaens)!

It is indeed possible to get the code! You simply have to go to the run(s) you would like to have a look at and download the results. Once extracted you can have a look at the folder structures like system, constant, and the 0 folder with the boundary conditions.

Let me know if it works!

Best,

Jousef

2 Likes

In addition to what @jousefm has said, there might be some manual changes you need to do, depending on your OpenFOAM version, its a case of re-running observing the errors and warnings and making the changes. For example, in the latest openFoam the name of the turbulence properties file changed between SimScale version and v5.

Good luck!
Darren

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that Darren - thanks for clarifying! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jousef

I am trying to run Simscale simulation file in OpenFOAM however I am getting error as “cannot find file turbulenceProperties”.
What is the workaround to replace this file?
Waiting for your reply.
I am using OF4Win 19.10 version

Sachin

You can compare the files used in 2.3.x with the files used since v3. Basically, you have to replace

RASProperties

RASModel            kOmegaSST;

turbulence          on;

printCoeffs         on;

with

turbulenceProperties

simulationType RAS;

RAS
{
    RASModel            kOmegaSST;

turbulence          on;

printCoeffs         on;
}
1 Like

Yes. Its implemented and running it now. Also change of the file name to turbulenceProperties.

Is it possible to do so with just the community plan or do I need a paid one?Thanks in advance