Onshape geometry import is stuck on "Authenticating"

I have searched both the Forum and using Google for this issue.

I haven’t used Simscale for some time, and have previously had no problem to import directly from Onshape.
Now when I try to import from Onshape, the connection pop-up window shows some brief text activity at the bottom left, “Authenticating” is continuously shown in the main body, and nothing else happens. I can close the window and restart for the same result.

I can’t see anything specific in Onshape to allow this connection. I deleted the Firefox cache for Onshape and Simscale. I used Firefox previously.

Things that may have changed:

I tested Onscale (which links directly with Onshape, too)
Firefox version is newer.
I upgraded the Onshape plan from public to basic.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can investigate further?

Hello Dave_Scott,

can you please try a different browser like chrome? Chrome works fine for me. You can also try to use the incognito mode, maybe some cookies are blocked which will be necessary for the import.

Best regards
Sebastian

1 Like

Yes, you are right. It’s related to the browser.
Safari works OK for this, but I don’t use it for OnShape because there are issues.

I have this issue from time to time with Firefox. Shutting the browser down and restarting usually cures it. Note that after an import the ‘import window pop-up’ remains on-screen behind the main browser window. I find, with Firefox, leaving that open with multiple imports eventually leads to the ‘authenticating’ lock-up. If I remember to close it after importing then things seem to work better. Occasionally I get a random ‘rendering issue’ that makes everything slow down and that seems to be linked, or so it seems, to leaving the pop-up open.