No mesh option under simulation tree

I am trying the first tutorial of “Laminar flow through pipe” and after selecting “Incompressible” as my simulation I don’t see any meshing option under the tree.

Hi @prghumar!

Did you use the tutorial template?

Best,

Jousef

I have a same problem - no mesh menu item in sim tree - I have tried CFD tutorial “optimalization of a globe valve” and no mesh posibilty. Other project are OK.

Thank for your help.

@Bill_CZ,

Thanks for your message. Can you share the link to the tutorial please? Will check it out!

Cheers!

Jousef

Public tutorial : https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=4fb7f192-ab25-42f0-afec-03746dd14ace

(from SimScale Academy course Excercise No 2)

I do not see an existing simulation in that linked project, so you can not see the mesh even if it is there…

To see existing meshes, I had to:

1. Copy your project
  2. Click on a geometry
  3. Click on the ‘Create Simulation’ blue button that appears in the popup frame (not sure why I could not use the + to the right of Simulations to accomplish the creation of a new simulation where I can view meshes, @jousefm is that a ‘bug’ :question: )
  4. Select ‘Incommpresible’ from list
  5. Click on ‘Geometry’, at which point you can FINALLY see some existing meshes in popup frame :wink:
  6. Then I had to remember to delete the copied project from my dashboard :frowning:

In know, I do not like these new buried meshes either … :cry:

@StevenGu I hope you see this topic and my tears at the end :wink:

Hi @Bill_CZ,

Thanks for reporting this! I will exchange the link with a new one as soon as possible and the meshing should just work fine! What you can do is to just copy my project with the re-uploaded models:

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Helped a lot, thanks!

Just fyi: The underlying issue has been fixed in the mean time. “Mesh” should now always be available in the simulation tree, even for old/faulty CAD models.

2 Likes