Missing Ability to Select Faces

Sebastion,

Could you re-enable faces for my account too, even with 50 faces I really am having a hard time :question:

Thanks,
Dale

PS By the way it is very important to be able to know the exact name of a selected face if you are trying to see which faces that the meshing log shows are less than fully layered in layering table there :wink:

@mas985 @DaleKramer @dschroeder small(ish) update here. The feature I announced before is now shipped.

To select all faces of the rear wing, you should simply be able to click on the rear-wing part(s) in the scene tree and all faces that it contains will be selected.

What is now possible is to select all faces of a body (or multiple bodies) via the scene tree. Simply switch to the selection mode for faces, which can be toggled via the viewer tool bar, and click on a body in the scene tree. It will look the same as when you select the solid body, but the selection now actually contains all faces.

This should help with making assignments, where only faces are allowed. So far (after the change where we removed faces from the tree) the scene tree was no longer helpful. Hope this fixes this issue. Let me know what you think.

Next step: Add a toggle that allows you to turn faces back on.

3 Likes

Did this disappear again? Tree list seems to be missing again.

@mas985 sorry about that. Should be there again now for you.

can you give me also to select separate faces for around like 6 sides as i made an enclose geometry operation and i need to select different faces

@Aactualperson are you able to select the faces via the viewer directly?

1 Like

viewer mode where is that