MINIMUM Bandwidth NET SPEED

I am using SimScale on the university Wi-Fi network because a wired network is not available. Whenever I open any simulation, make changes in the CAD model, or access the post-processing results, I experience lagging issues. These issues are especially pronounced when accessing post-processing results. I would like to know what the minimum recommended bandwidth speed should be for conducting a CFD simulation, as I intend to perform CFD analysis for a single room.

Hi @Samiullah,

Thanks for posting your question. The minimum bandwidth speed is quite subjective once it depends on some factors such as the CAD file size, mesh fineness, simulation complexity, and so on. Personally I have already opened up a bunch of projects using really poor internet connections in different places. The problem is that there are several sources that may cause such a behavior which may not be related to the bandwidth.

I suggest you to try the same operation in different browsers and see how it behaves (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) and see if it still freezes for these browsers.

best,

1 Like