I’m simulating a formula student car and I’m having a problem to create a mesh without illegal faces. I’m using the settings as used in Formula Student Webinar. Until just week ago or so, I could create a mesh with 0 illegal faces and suddenly, there are always around 600 illegal faces.I tried to improve the geometry, but nothing seems to work. The number of illegal cells remain more or less the same with just a little fluctuation.
-I checked the geometry, removed few intersecting geometries I didn’t realized before (although they didn’t cause illegal faces).
-Cut of a bit from trailing edge of a front wing, because it looked very “coarse” and I even removed the whole
-Removed or minimized the size of quite complex neighboring surfaces (e.g., area of the upper side of the front wing and the area where it meats with front wing attachment).
-Merged the neighboring faces in CAD which form a single part as STL for the simulation.
-Checked the mesh operation settings
-Ran whole new mesh operation from very begging to make sure, everything is set up as it should be.
-Only thing that appeared to cause a change was to move the the symmetry “wall” in a range of 0.0 to 0.005m (y-direction) either increasing or decreasing the number of illegal faces.
- I tried a number of different geometries, even the one that had 0 illegal faces before
I’m using Siemens NX 11.0 CAD for desing and Inventor just for conversion of “.prt” format into “stl”. with a resolution set to high.
Here is the link to my project:
It’s “Model mesh v3.1” where the problem appeared for the first time and “Mesh test”, where I tried all of the aforementioned adjustments.
I’ll be very happy for all of the suggestions and help.