Meshing problem, creation of cell zone might not succeed, entities are not closed

Hi there,

I am trying to make a project based on the CFD in Formula Student Worshop, Basically I just copied the setup but I uploaded a new geometry and changed the axis because of the orientation of my model. Unfortunately whenever I try to make a new mesh, there are some issues occuring. I cheked my geometry many times and it looks fine, so I think it is acceptable to ignore the message that the geometry is not closed? Although the whole mesh seems more or less ok now, the MRF Zones and the Radiator Zone are faulty and following error messages appear:

• Creation of the following cell zone might not succeed. Assigned entities are not closed: RearWheelZone
  • Creation of the following cell zone might not succeed. Assigned entities are not closed: FrontWheelZone
  • Creation of the following cell zone might not succeed. Assigned entities are not closed: RadiatorZone

I double checked the Material Point and the MRF and Radiator are all just the most simple Volumes created using SolidWorks. Unfortunately in the forums I could not find any solution for that problem and I would really appreciate any help regarding the mesh and the geometry.

Project in the link below. Problems in mesh “ModelTest”

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Kowalski!

I will have a look at your project and get back to you asap.

Cheers!

Jousef

Thanks, @jousefm!

I just received a message to try the simulation anyway because the zones were created to the right areas.
Therefore I will try to make a simulation and as soon as I have some news regarding the simulation., I will comment it here.
However the amount of error messages and illegal zones makes me quite worried about the accuracy of the end results.

Regards