Meshing Generation Stays at 0%

Hello!

I wanted to run a previous project/geometry using a more refined mesh to follow the mesh parameters of this project for comparison purposes so I created a new project here because the mesh wouldn’t generate.

Currently it estimates that it will be generated within 18 minutes, but when I would generate the mesh it would stay at 0% even after 78 minutes. Is there any current maintenance I should be aware of that is causing this?

Hi there!

Would it be possible to also share the link to the project that includes the mesh please?

Best regards,
Fillia

Yes sorry! Here is the link:

I see that the mesh you are referring is not inside the project, so I suggest you deleted or overwrote it. This means I can not check the meshing log and see why this happened. However, I assume that the fact you were “stuck” on 0% is explained by this post:

Were you using the Hex dominant algorithm before?

No I am using the Standard. I will try to generate the mesh again, but I wanted to ask if it generally can take over 30-60 minutes for a mesh to generate? I am trying to generate the mesh here using the mesh parameters from this project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2692936239474862947&mi=spec%3A136fc882-59de-42a6-8730-b8d5cffc627d%2Cservice%3AMESHING%2Cstrategy%3A55&sh=54 which took only 8 minutes. I am not well-versed in CFD simulating at all so I’d like to understand the reason for this difference.

Are you also using the same, or a similar geometry?

(The same mesh settings can generate a completely different mesh according to the model that is used )

I used similar geometry of a one-person dwelling unit the only difference being that the 8 minute meshed geometry has added window attachments that were assigned as porous media in their simulation.

I am wondering if this is related to the model’s format. Can you try uploading it to Parasolid too, as in the previous simulation?

1 Like