Meshing error

I have a problem with mesh processing, can you help me?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out through the forum!

We will investigate the cause of the error and let you know if there is some action to be taken from your side.

In the meantime, can you please try to mesh the geometry with the Hex-dominant parametric algorithm? Perhaps for this type of geometry it can have better performance.

after I tried your suggestion

why is the result not good enough, is it from my bad design, or because the meshing is not detailed?

Hello choirul,

First, in regards to the meshing error, I noticed that for both wings the tip and the trailing edge have these small faces.
Maybe you can trim the wing a bit more cleanly in your CAD Tool. This might help to reduce the meshing error.

To your successful run, can you please share a link to that project so that we can have a look at it,

Best regards
Sebastian

1 Like

thanks sir

1 Like

Hi choirul,

in regards to the mesh setup.

Please consider further refining your mesh. As you can see in the image below, the leading edge of your wing only has a resolution of 2 cells. thus the curvature can not be really captured.

here are a few tips for mesh generation.
#1 Please consider using the standard meshing algorhym as this is more robust for complex shapes.
#2 Pleas us refinement regions and surface refinements. You can find out more about refinement regions here:

#3 please consider enlarging the flow region. an example of the rough dimensions can be seen here:

Please also find my tips on how to create a good mesh for external vehicle / wings here:

Best regards
Sebastian

1 Like

Hi choirul,

I could generate a mesh by doing these modifications to your CAD Model.
Note that these changes have been done using OnShape, so you’ll need to do this in your CAD Software.

#1 I cutted off the tip of the main wing element. This creates a good surface for the wing tip and the trailing edge.

#2 I also removed these two surfaces.

Here is a look at the surface mesh for the drone.

Please note that I didn’t apply any surface and volume refinements.

Best regards
Sebastian

can you share the cad you have repaired?

I am very grateful to those of you who have helped me, I have succeeded in doing meshing and simulation but I am still having trouble knowing the pattern of fluid flow that occurs. where can i know streamline

Hello choirul,

great to hear that you were able to run a successful case.
Can you please share the run with us so that we can also have a look at it.

In regards to post-processing please have a look at this tutorial which explains some steps on post-processing a vehicle moving through air :smiley:

Best regards
Sebastian

thanks sir.
i have a question on my second account

I just realized that something was wrong, some time ago I had a problem with the meshing being unable to because there was a part that was too small at the wingtip (wing and body together). but when I try with the same wing design it works fine even though the settings are the same. Why did it happen?
Thank you sir
Greetings
choirul suroso

Hi Choirul,

first of all it’s seems like you are achieving greater results.
In regards to your question can you please create a simulation project with the two geometries in it, so that we can have a look at the and compare them? And also please send a link to that project and the one you weren’t able to run here?

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian