Meshing error - Cell Zones

Hi,

I am trying to relearn how to do CFD and want to do an incompressible simulation on a carpark model but am running into issues when meshing. I am greeted with Cell “One or more cell zones do not intersect the flow region or the intersection results in a non-solid body. Cell zones must overlap with the flow region.” message when my Cell zones (momentum sources - jet fans) are inside the flow region.

Am I interpreting “intersect” and “overlap” with flow region the wrong way or maybe something wrong with the model?

Link to project:

Thanks

Hey there, and thanks for using the forum!

When you created the Flow region in the CAD Edit mode, you should have excluded the fan parts.

The result is that the flow region will intersect (overlap) with the fan parts, that is, there is no void in the flow region at these regions. As it is right now, there is such void which causes the error.

Please try this way and let me know of your results.

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that out but I am now greeted with another error when creating the mesh.

“The body resulting from the union of the model parts has faults. This may be caused by a problem in one of the parts. Please inspect your model or contact our support for assistance.”

What might be wrong with my model/part that is causing this error?

Hi,

Forgot to update but meshing is now working, there were faults on the model that needed correction.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like