Mesh problem at the edge of the building

Hi

I am trying to simulate the airflow throught the building and I tried two models to determine witch is the better one. The first setup is with convective heat transfer with the turbulence model set in K-omega SST. With this setup I can simulate with a fine mesh of 8.
The second setup is also convective heat transfer but the turbulence model is set als K-epsilon. here the mesh gives a problem at the edge of the building. When simulating I get an error message that the pressure gauge is not valid. With the message that i should improve the mesh. The mesh is also fine (8) and when i make a mesh clip it looks like this:

This is the error message:

Is their a possible way to fix it? in the setup? I also tried a fine of 9 and 10 but this was impossible with the free version.
The model i transfert in simscale is designed in Revit, so maybe that could be the problem?

Hi, this is Fillia :smiley:
Please check this post that is about divergence as well:

Best regards,
Fillia

Hi

I tried used the probe point to check the place where the fault happpend. I changed the boundary conditions, where the fault was, the next fault happend inside the building so I upgraded the mesh, to a finner mesh setting. Again I Get a fault inside the building, but I can not fine the mesh more. Is there an other way to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance for the help

1. Can you try using a STEP or Parasolid file instead?

2. Instead of increasing the global fineness, you could use refinements to fix the mesh in the problematic areas: Standard Mesher | Meshing for CAE | Documentation | SimScale

3. Another approach would be to isolate the cells with the really high or low values using the isovolumes feature, as you can see in this page: How to Check and Improve Mesh Quality | SimScale

4. Try activating the Potential flow initialization on the Simulation control menu.