Mesh not appearing when assigning faces, geometry appearing instead

Hello all!

I am working on a CFD simulation for a supersonic inlet, and am quite new to simscale. I generated a mesh just fine, however when I try to assign boundary conditions, the imported geometry shows up, and not the mesh I just created. This of course prevents me from selecting faces to assign boundary conditions.

If anyone could help regarding this issue, that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @cdhenin!

Can you please motivate why you uploaded a cylinder? I first want to understand your project before giving any advices.

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm

If you select wireframe view when looking at the mesh you will be able to see that the inlet shape is hollow inside the cylinder. This is my first time doing this kind of CFD, and i designed what I thought would be appropriate for the job. I was intending on using the cylinder facing the inlet spike for the velocity inlet, and the opposite face for a pressure outlet. Do tell me if this is incorrect.

Best,

Charles

Hi Charles,

got it. First advice would be to split the surface not to have one single face but to be able to operate on the inlet, outlet and the walls separately. For that you can use the splitting geometry tool inside the workbench. But my question about the cylinder still remains, what is it for? Do you want to validate an experiment or just test it “for fun”? Quite curious about this :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef

Ok, that should help yes.
I just wanted to see what kinds of results I would get by doing things this way, i’m mostly just experimenting with CFD these days.

Best

Charles