Mesh Is Okay but Simulation Doesn't Run on All Parts


#1

For my project titled 'ME249 Final Project, I’ve used multple meshes, different refinements, and the mesh looks good, but when i go to run a simulation on it, it basically comes out to a simulation of the flow around a block. Any pointers as to what is going wrong in this would be very appreciated.

https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=e8900aab-4f1a-47f6-a84a-3948ff5acfb3

Thanks


#2

Hey @gcast195,

thx for sharing your project. I looked quickly into it and downloaded your results just to make sure the results do really represent this box. But they are actually fine, so it looks like there is a problem with the auto-post-processing filters. We are looking into that. I keep you updated.

All the best

Alex


#3

Awesome, so you’re saying that its simply the visualization that shows up in simscale that is incorrect, but if I were to extract the data into paraview, it would be the correct data?


#4

@Ali_Arafat could you have a look as well.

@gcast195 exactly, forgot to mention, that you can already post-process your results on your own both with the online Post-Processor and locally. See this example from the online PP:

Ali might also have some tips for the boundary conditions as the streamlines looked suspicious to me for the last run.

All the best


#5

That looks great! You did that through the sim-scale post processor? Thanks a lot. And one of the boundary conditions towards the end should definitely look suspicious, because i set the velocity to negative so see what it would do. I plan on deleting that one.


#6

Hi @gcast195 , @afischer

Thanks for pointing that out. I have already found the source of the problem and will be fixed pretty fast.

Best,
Ali


#7

Ok thank you very much, could you please let me know when it is fixed?


#8

@gcast195

Ok, so for the first simulation called “Check” with “Course” mesh , the simulation has no issues and runs is OK ( runs on all parts ).
The Boundary Conditions you have used in this simulation ( check run settings) were correct. But you did not assign any boundary condition to the car e.g ‘no-slip wall’. It is by default done also, but is always better to do it yourself.

[ By the way the “Course” mesh has also cells inside the car, this happens sometimes for course meshes as the geometry can not be fully resolved. But its not a big issue and making a fine mesh will solve this.]

Regarding the result you were seeing, it was just a small bug in the auto post-processing . This I have fixed and checked locally. The result for you first case “Check” now looks like below:

This fix has to go through some more testing before we can put it online with the next release. So in the mean time you can use the online Post-processor or do it locally on Paraview.

I will let you know when the fix is online. ok

Best,
Ali.