Mesh generation failed

Hello,

I have a problem regarding the generation of a mesh. I wanted to simulate a Rear Wing, the project is called “Rear Wing Study”. To generate a mesh for that part, I looked in the guidelines of the Formula Student Workshop. Unfortunately the mesh generation failed, and when you look nearer on the part the mesh quality is very bad. SimScale doesn’t give me a reason for that so I am not sure if the mesh generation failed because of a bad CAD model or because of wrong settings of the mesh generation process. Since I don’t have much experience in CFD or working with SimScale, can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards

Hi @srennebaum !

No worries there! Having a look at it later on! :slight_smile:

P.S: Is your project called Rear Wing Study?

Best,

Jousef

Hej Jousef, yes that is right. It would be nice if you can help me :slight_smile:

Having a look at it this evening @srennebaum! :slight_smile: Coming back to you as soon as possible!

All the best!

Jousef

Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @srennebaum!

Finished the mesh now. Sorry for the small delay :wink: Main issue was that I had to clean up your geometry. In the first picture you can see that there is a random spline and in the second picture you have had overlapping surfaces (4 overlapping surface overall).

Fixed the issues inside OnShape and reuploaded the geometry. It is called FlapOptimized inside the project. Already ran a mesh with refinements as well as boundary layers. Feel free to adapt the settings to your needs and let me know if you have any other issues :slight_smile: I sent you an invite to your project!

All the best and happy SimScaling!

Jousef

Hello Jousef,

thank you so much for your help. That really helps me a lot for my next projects :slight_smile: