Mesh failure but no event log

Thank you all for the very quick responses.

Pardon my misunderstanding here, but I thought I had scaled the wing down by a factor of 100 so that my background box was indeed the correct size. If this was not the case, what is the “scaling” operation in the geometry section used for? I will also use the split surfaces feature.

1 Like

Hi @Foster,

once you upload a new geometry you need to execute the operations again (surface splitting and scaling) if needed. :slight_smile:

Bests,
Jani

Hey guys,

I’ve correctly scaled my model as well as splitting the surfaces. One thing I noticed was that the surface splitting was not clean to 3 faces, rather splitting into 6 faces. Is there any way to fix this other than using another model? The meshing process started correctly this time, but the best results I have gotten still have about 10,000 illegal cells in them, which means the process was not successful. I was wondering what I could do numerically to fix this.

Thanks
Foster

Hi Foster,

well I assume then there is something going on with the refinements kind of hinder the creation of a good mesh.
Have you had a look at the tutorial for an airfoil here: CFD Master Class. It also explains the important aspects of the boundary layer and how to use the layer inflation. Try that out and let me know if it worked for you.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like