Maximum Mesh Capacity?

Hello, I’m very new to Simscale and I’ve been working on a drone CFD simulation. Unfortunately, I am having trouble with my mesh. To be specific I am getting the error below and I’m not certain as to what it means:

“There were no compute instances available that matched the requested capacity. Please try again in a few minutes.”

For some background to the problem, the wall of the object I am simulating has 120 faces on it inside of a flow region. Is there a maximum number of faces or capacity that mesh can generate? If not, what should I do to fix my mesh?

Thanks, JSciabbi

Hi @jsciabbi!

This thread from a couple of days ago might be relevant.

The current recommendation is to either switch to a hex-dominant mesh, or try to reduce the fineness further.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

Hello @RicardoParis,

Yesterday I tried to work out my simulation for a friend and the solutions from the forum thread and the change in mesh algorithm doesn’t seem to be working. In addition, my friend’s simulation seems to be below the maximum runtime of 30000 seconds (500 minutes) however the simulation still doesn’t say its low enough. Below is a picture, sorry to bother you again;