Magnus effect simulation

I am trying to find the lift force to investigate Magnus force. However, my project does not give me reasonable results and even gives me negative pressure at some points. I do not know which part of my project is wrong. Could you help me to fix my problem?

This is the link to my project: [https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4770412051262661577&mi=spec%3A615d6017-48ee-4905-bed2-5977cf9d0cc3%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A7]

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for using the forum!

I noticed that you are simulating a Laminar flow, so maybe you want to try with the k-omega SST model instead :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Fillia

After I made the change, I got this graph. Why do I still get negative values at the beginning?

You are using a steady-state approach. Hence, the results you are seeing do not represent a variation with physical time but with iterations. The first results represent the initial attempts of the solver to come out with a solution to the discretized system of diff. equations. Naturally, the first attempts are not accurate and produce those non-physical oscillations in the solution. It might be a good idea for SimScale to modify the post-processing x-axis name to “iteration #” for steady-state cases.

1 Like