Low pressure deltas, extremely high force

Hi all. I’m struggling with something which feels extremely basic, I’m probably screwing something up with my setup but can’t figure it out. I’m attempting to set up a simple example case for some high school students to test various wing geometries. No matter what I do, I always get ridiculously high drag and lift force (and associated coefficients) and unrealistically low pressure deltas on the wing surfaces and in the fluid region around the wing. Perhaps there is a bug that is reporting force and/or pressure values in the wrong units? Or is there something more fundamentally wrong here? I tried two different approaches (below) and got the same results, as did all of my students. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Hello, it feels like you imported a scaled-up version of the CAD model?

Cheers

1 Like

Oh wow that would probably do it! I hadn’t noticed that but it appears to have converted what were millimeters in Fusion 360 into meters in simscale… I’ll have to do some experimenting to see why that happened. Is there a preferred file type for importing into simscale? I’ve been using STL.