SimScale CAE Forum

Is there a "heat pipe" material?


I’m totally new to SimScale.

I wish to simulate an electronic product that uses a heat pipe (copper hollow tube with water inside).
In my CAD model I have it as a none hollow body.

How should I define this body in the materials tab?


Hi @besuwuwegu!

For that purpose you may use the CHT module of SimScale which allows you to define heat transfer between Solid and Fluid domains by exchanging thermal energy at the interfaces between them. However you have to carefully prepare your geometry for that - this tutorial might help you: CHT - Electronics Cooling.