Invalid table definitions

Hi there,

I am currently using an ABL wind inlet for my simulation and have used the table feature to define the velocity, Turb. kinetic energy and the specific dissipation rate. When I run my simulation it stops and the following message appears. image

I have tried investigation on the documentation and general searches as to what the problem may be but I have not been able to determine the issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4228370608098992886&mi=run%3A73%2Csimulation%3A63&mt=SIMULATION_RUN

Hey there!

Thanks for using the forum.

I can see from your setup that you are currently using tables with only the Z-coordinate as parameter. As the message error states, this is not currently possible, as the table should contain the three X, Y and Z coordinates as parameters.

You can easily convert your table by adding the X and Y coordinates, relevant to your domain, and letting the target values constant across the ranges. For example, if you have one point:

Z = 1, U = 15

Then you can convert it into two points:

X = -100, Y = -100, Z = 1, U = 15
X = 100, Y = 100, Z = 1, U = 15

Basically the value still only depends on Z, but the solver can see the other variables.

Please test this idea and let me know the results.

Hi there, Thank you for this information, i have just seen a post which also discusses this concept here Errors with table velocity input? - #9 by badio93

Thank you for the advice.

Take care