Internal Flow Volume

Hello,

I’m new to SimScale and have followed along with some of the existing thermal comfort tutorials.

I am having porblems creating and Internal Flow Volume for my own model, with an error of:

Invalid Seed face

The Seed face [face 40733 @ Solid 116]sessionId=eb2b8f44-c067-41f0-83d8-c17c7916ae1d#) is adjacent to another body and therefore could not be used to generate the flow volume. Please select a Seed face which is facing an empty space (is adjacent to a void region).

Can you please help?

Hi @AccAA,

Thanks for posting your question! Could you please share the project link with us?

best,

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, the project link is below:

Hi @AccAA,

Thanks for the project link. I see that your geometry is almost ready, but you still have some sheet faces there, which doesn’t allow you to proceed with simulation. Please fix those ones solidifying it in your native CAD software and then import it again to SimScale Workbench.

best,

Good morning,

Thank you for the support, that was very helpful.

I have made the necessary changes to create the Internal Flow Volume and have input all of my boundary conditions, when trying to run the simulation I am receiving the below error:

A setup with at least 60 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please ensure that only one fluid region exists and that all other bodies are assigned to an advanced concept. If you have already meshed your geometry, ensure that all the meshing regions except one are cell zones.

I do not under how there can be 60 regions when only a single flow volume was created?

Hi @AccAA,

Awesome! Now just proceed with the solid body deletion in CAD mode, and then you’ll get your geometry ready for simulation.

Please try to do that and then let me know if this works for you.

best,

Hello,

Thank you for the amazing support, I have managed to sucessfully run the simulation.

I am getting one anomalous reading from one of the velocity outlet boundary condition (Fresh Air Outlet (Extract)). This was set to 0.072m3/s for a 150mm duct and results are showing velocity vectors of up to 30m/s which does not seem correct:

Sorry I meant the Fresh Air Inlet (Supply)

Hi @AccAA,

I highly recommend you to use just the flow rate boundary conditions instead of mean flow rate due to its stability.

I just ran a simulation with this flow rate condition just in case, and if we do an analytical verification, now the value is right.

So please find the new setup here and just let us know if this makes sense for you.

best,