Importing from Onshape

I seem to be having trouble importing my models from Onshape. After following all the necessary steps and then pressing the import button, i get a spinning wheel of death and the model does not import at all. I have waited 20 mins and the model will not upload. After closing my browser and going back into simscale, it shows that a new cad geometry has been created, however, it will not load on my workspace and I cannot see it. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @JaeHoffmanOCC,

so the Onshape import is generally operational - so it could be an issue with your specific geometry. Is it possible that you share your project with the SimScale support such that the team can take a closer look?

Best,

David

I just shared it.

Thanks. I realized it’s public - so I took a quick look. Seems to work for me:

So it could be your local browser set up. So a next option to look at could be if your browser is supported. You find more info here: SimScale Documentation | Online Simulation Software | SimScale

Let me know if this helps.

So it seems to load in after about 30 minutes of waiting for me. However, I have to quit out of the project and go back to my dashboard, and then relaunch the project to see the imported geometry. Once the geometry is imported, it still takes another 15 minutes for me to see it in the workspace (It says “loading 1” in the top left). I am using google chrome, so I don’t think that is the issue.

Very odd. I just tested it again and it takes seconds until the part shows up for me.

I filed a ticked for the infrastructure team to take a closer look at it what might be wrong.

Okay. Thank you very much for your help.

Just to add here, I have seen this in the past on slower connection. I reload and get all 20 imported geometries for me to go back and delete :slight_smile:

kind regards,
Darren