Import Openfoam mesh

Hello

i have openfoam mesh in files like on screen shot

I put all of those files in this directory along with file “transportproperties” to zip and uploaded. Everything seems fine only my mesh is not in project :smiley:
Can you help me out please ?

Hi @Novak_Ondrej!

Have you done the following steps?

1. Zip the entire “constant” folder

2. Upload it using “Upload mesh” option with type as “OpenFOAM” selected.

Best,

Jousef

Great ! it worked very well.

but i m getting this error

domain is only interior mesh around part of wing … what should i do with rest ?

As it seems, simscale ready 3 zones … i need only the first one ( or so i think ) … so please, how can i remove it ?

Hi @Novak_Ondrej!

Just for understanding, why did you not mesh it on SimScale directly?
Best,

Jousef

Hello

my mesh uploaded from open foam (exported from ICEM) is simple single region mesh

however when i upload to simscale it creates 3 regions to whcih i have to assign BC and that makes simulation fail

what can be done about that please ?

I tryed. simulation ran for few hours than failed :smiley: but its no good for me anyway. Best option for me is to mesh it in ansys where i have so much more options for meshing ( i have to use tetrahedral mesh).

Only problem is that i get imported 3 zones … i tryed very simple geometry like a box and it did the same so there must be an issue with import

I have used ICEM before but not coupling it with SimScale so far so I would have to dig a bit deeper into this. Also I see that the mesh consists of polyhedrals, I would have to check if the solver has issues with these kinds of elements. Will let you know more about it as soon as possible.

Best,

Jousef

Sorted ! :smiley: it seems that “Fluent3DmeshtoFoam” creates 3 zones … but “fluentmeshtofoam” creates only one which is perfectly fine for simscale … already tested and works fine so thanks for help :slight_smile:

Just was looking at fluentmeshtofoam :smiley: Please let me know if the simulation runs smoothly!

Best,

Jousef

Well residuals in beginning oscilate and than they settle down and converge nicely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay!! :slight_smile: :tada:

Let us see how the results look like - very curious about that!

Best,

Jousef

When I try uploading the mesh it shows me this error