How to upload 2d geometry of an airfoil in simscale

I cannot export my 2d geometry airfoil from fusion 360 to simscale to run 2d simulation, but i can upload 3d geometry of an airfoil to simscale. Do i need to export a 3d airfoil to run 2d simulation?

Hi @kkamaruddin,

Thanks for posting your question!
SimScale is only available for 3D files. In this case upload the 3D airfoil inside the workbench and then using a slice filter in the post-processor can be an alternative, it depends on your physical output requirement.

best,

1 Like

Since running the above case, it’s worth pointing out we now have sweep meshing with our standard mesher, and options to use quad-dominant surfaces, with a single cell through the thickness. So just upload a unit thickness 2D geometry, apply sweep meshing, and add 2D empty boundaries on the sides and you should get very good results and great accuracy.

Best,
Darren

2 Likes

so u mean just uploud a 3d geometry but just a small thickness like 1mm ?What do you mean by this statement"So just upload a unit thickness 2D geometry" i thought simscale dosent allow you to upload 2d geometry. plz help

so u mean just uploud a 3d geometry but just a small thickness like 1mm ?What do you mean by this statement"So just upload a unit thickness 2D geometry" i thought simscale dosent allow you to upload 2d geometry. plz help. Can you make a video about runing a 2d simulation of an arfoil