How to add anisotropic materials

Hi,

I try to simulate some wood structures which are anisotropic. How can I define the anisotropy in the static analysis? When adding the material it is not possible to select anisotrop behaviour. Is there is some documentation out which I was unable to find?

Thank you,
Martin

1 Like

Hey Martin, great question!

Actually we do not have directional dependent Young’s modulus which would be the most straightforward way to model orthotropic material as in your case but there have been several requests and I will ask our engineers if there’s anything planned for the near future!

Keeping you up-to-date in any case! Also let us know if you have any other wishes and how you like the platform so far.

Jousef

2 Likes

Is there any plan to add directional dependent Young’s modulus?

1 Like

Disappointed not to find any form of anisotropy available. A shame as its otherwise a nice tool to use .

Directional YM and the ability to orient the material would be what is required. So you define the YM in each axis , then point a vector in the direction of the material X axis. This would allow timber structures for instance where there are joints and interfaces in different directions (like ply wood for instance).

So - yes please! Anisotropy!