Help setting up airflow simulation for duct

Hi all, I’m trying to follow along with a (now outdated) youtube tutorial for simulating airflow, unfortunately since then the free tier has changed, so I’ve already wasted a simulation trying to figure it out, and the actual steps needed are not the same.

I’ve tried both creating a flow volume in fusion 360 and exporting with that, as well as just importing the duct model I want to test, editing it in cad mode and adding a flow volume, I get errors like this both times.

“A setup with at least 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please ensure that only one fluid region exists and that all other bodies are assigned to an advanced concept. If you have already meshed your geometry, ensure that all the meshing regions except one are cell zones.”

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find the right way to set this up, “open inner region” from that tutorial is nowhere to be found, and the advanced concepts section doesn’t seem to actually have anything applicable.

Early morning so maybe I’m not fully awake but hoping someone can provide the simple thing I’m missing to run this simulation so that I can hopefully design this duct and get in working in the very few tries I have left. I’m recently unemployed so I definitely can’t afford $1200 a year or whatever it costs for this.
I’ll also have use for this once in a blue moon anyhow, so a shame the free tier got locked down. Tried taking a look at openfoam but god that looks like a headache to do.

Hi jlevesque,

thanks for reaching out to us here in the forum.

Please have a look at this article which can help to solve this issue.

Thus please ensure that you only export the fluid volume, from the edit in CAD mode.
After the creation of the fluid volume, you can use the delete body tool to remove everything except the flow volume.

Please also share a link to your project so that we can have a look at it.

Best regards
Sebastian