It would be nice to be able to check geometrical properties in the viewer for a selected entity, for example:
- If I select an edge, show the length numeric value,
- If I select a circular edge, show the radius,
- If I select a face, show the area of the face,
- If I select a body, show the volume value,
- If I select a point, show the coordinates of the point
- If I select a planar face, show the normal vector
The numerical value could be shown in a tooltip next to the selected entity or in a fixed area at the bottom of the screen.
I think this would give a lot of help in setting up simulations, for example:
- Calculating point coordinates for remote boundary conditions
- Using areas to calculate fluid or heat rates
- Using areas to calculate distributed loads
- Using volumes to calculate weights
- Using volumes to calculate fluid exchange rates
- Anything similar you could imagine!
Please vote if you like the idea, comment if you want to add something or ask a question.
Hope this can be implemented in the platform and that it grows better every day.