Formula Student 4th session - Mesh problems

Hi Simscale Community

I’m currently on the 4th assignment for the Formula Student Course. I have a problem meshing the car, the mesh operation event log says it’s due to RadiatorZone and FrontWheelZone because they are not closed.
I know all component’s should be closed to run a successful mesh operation, but the geometry is provided by simscale themselves. So if anyone have had the same problem with the 4th session of Formula Student project or anyone would give it a look i would appreciate it.

Project link:

Hi @SNielsen!

I’ll have look into the issue. Will get back to you as soon as possible!

Cheers and all the best!

Jousef

Hi @SNielsen,

Can you link me where you obtained the geometry from?

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Here it is:

Hi @SNielsen,

Just to confirm the Formula Student Course, is it from SimScale?

yes

Hi @SNielsen!

Just shared my mesh with you - should have received an email.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Hi @jousefm

Thanks for helping, i see your mesh has completed. But the Event log still shows some error’s, wouldn’t this effect the simulation if the mesh doesn’t pass the quality check.

Hi @SNielsen!

That’s a valid objection and indeed we need to improve the mesh a bit more as we still have over 300 illegal cells. @Get_Barried,did you already perform a meshing operation?

Best,

Jousef

Hi @jousefm!

Not yet, a little tied up on my end. I’ll work on it later when I have a bit more time. Could you also send me the official geometry?

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

Hi
I have completed the mesh, i lowered the meshrefinement for the frontwing, it might have been to complex. I will just run the simulation. The 2th session which i have to compare with has the same errors. Thanks for the help.

Best :slight_smile:
Simon