FAQs on Drone Simulation

Hey Gurav,

don’t care about this event log. As long as you are uploading a STEP/IGES file the tessellated surface should be fine.

Cheers,

MIlad

Having error while adding boundary conditions.

@gurav_harsh,

could you clear your web browser’s cache and try again? The error should then disappear!

Babak

1 Like

Is it ok to stop the simulation process once we reach satisfying parameter convergence (in order to reduce core usage)? Thanks

Yes, that’s perfectly fine. This is also the reason why you should keep an eye on your simulation and don’t leave it on its own. Set higher Maximum runtime and control convergence. Then, when you decide it reached expected level simply stop the run.

1 Like

Hey guys and hi @nikuradse ,

did you solve your problem so far? Just came home so I could not answer as fast as always :smile:

Cheers mate!

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for very nice tutorial so far

After uploading homework to the site I did not receive any receipts or confirmations. I guess it currently is supposed to be so, but I suggest that the site would create an autogenerated mail or something like that. I mean, just to make sure that the homework has been received

Thanks

Hey there @jousefm

Nope, I checked the boundary conditions as well as the whole thing. Corrected the third decimal in the rotation center wich appears on one screencap but not on the text, and still the same results.

I think that I looked at this for too long and I can’t see the forest for the trees, so I hope the rest of the homework are okey.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Hey,

we just implemented a confirmation email :smile:

Cheers,

Milad

Great, that was fast :slight_smile:

For the next time start a little bit earlier and we can discuss much more :grinning:

Good luck for the next part mate(s)!

Hello to everyone,

At the same time, let me send my greetings and thanks a lot to Milad - SimScale for letting me participate in this fabulous workshop.

Right now, I don’t feel well because I missed the second session of the web seminar that was at 4 p.m. CEST - Central European Summer Time. I live in Cochabamba - Bolivia and I did not take into account 6 hours in the schedule time.

I really wanted to attend the seminar and I was excited as well. Is there any way to do it again? … Of course, not interrupting your job time. Thank you.

Fortunately, it will be recorded but I think it could be not the same.

Kind regards,
Alex

Hi team,
I can’t open the session 2 tab on home screen to solve homework. Isn’t it uploaded yet?

Hi Gurav,

we just opened the session 2 tab!

Have fun!

Hey @Milad_Mafi my friend :smile:

Just submitted my homework. Can you look if you received my stuff? Would be cool.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Jousef

EDIT: You get a confirmation that you have submitted your homework!!! Did not know that. Sorry folks!

I want to calculate the volume of drone we used for drop test and then want to know its mass. How can I?

Download multicopter’s model (https://grabcad.com/library/3d-printed-mini-quadcopter-mark-2-1) and open it in (one of many) CAD program(s), e.g. Solidworks. There you can define body material(s) and calculate all necessary parameters such as mass, volume, moment of inertia, etc.

Hi,
I want to know if I am eligible for getting this workshop certificate or professional training.
Thank you in advance.

Just got the mail. Thank you so much… :smile: :smiley: