External Flow Volume not showing up as if it's invisible

Hello,
I’m trying to create an incompressible flow simulation so i can evaluate how aerodynamic my f1 car is. However, whenever i try to create an external flow volume in the workbench, it’s just invisible.

This is what it looks like before I apply the external volume:

And this is what it looks like after:

Also, if i apply one covering the whole car it says, “Flow Volume creation failed
The flow region could not be created. Please consider cleanup operations.” I am not really sure what it means by cleanup operations whether that’s on my software or something.

Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Hello @jviernes , could you please kindly share a link to your project so that we can have a look at it thanks!

Sure. Here is the link: SimScale Login

The geometry is “Untitled v22.STEP”
If you try to create an External Flow Volume around the car, there may be some errors or it will just appear invisible.

Thanks for sharing @jviernes ! Here are my findings:

External flow volume is actually created successfully, however there are multiple external flow regions to be created with the current version. There are airgaps inside your model. That’s why, you need select a seed face when creating the external flow region to specify which one you want; in this case one of the outer faces of the vehicle should be sufficient.

There are still some problematic parts in your model such as the following ones:

Those parts should either be re-created in your own cad software or should be removed from the model by using Delete body operation. At the end, the external flow was successful after selecting a seed face and removing these parts:

I hope this will be helpful.

Best wishes, Kaan

Thank you so much I appreciate the help!