Exporting a force from CFD and importing to FEA with same mesh

I currently have been working on a CFD model, and have developed flow that I would like to export and import into an FEA simulation to see how that flow directly impacts the objects. If both use the same model and mesh, would this be possible to do. Is it possible to export a .csv file of the force and import it directly under the force tab of the FEA simulation. I want to directly see how the developed flow field impacts the solid models. I am new to this and still trying to figure everything out. Thanks!

Hey there!

Currently it is not possible to map loads from CFD to FEA directly at the mesh level.

What I usually do is to create Result Control Item - Force calculations over faces in the CFD simulation and then apply the resulting values onto FEA, with force and remote force boundary conditions.

Here are some tips if you decide to do so:

• In the force calculation, select the centroid of the face to properly compute the moments.
  • Don’t use only one item over all the faces, the more you use the better.
  • On the remote force BC, use the same location above for the remote point (notice the model should be located equally wrt global coordinate system).
2 Likes

Great thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate the support!!

1 Like