Exaggerated values in simulation results

The project i am working on is a simple front wing, after creating the mesh and doing the simulation the values of the forces, drag and downforce are not realist.
https://www.simscale.com/projects/pgalamba/teste_7/
I thank you for the assistance.

Hi @pgalamba,

I removed your “Tunel de Vento” and created the tunel from the “Background mesh box”. The refinement is not perfect but can be optimized if you like.

Give it a try and tell me if the quantities you are looking for are looking as expected:

Your Project

Let me know how the simulation goes.

Cheers,

Jousef

I tried but the results are still too hight, is it a mistake in the simulation parameters?

Hi @pgalamba.

That can also be a reason of course.

Can you give us a little bit more information about the parameters you are using and what values you would expect?

Thank you!

Jousef

The material is air, (Initial conditions) the gauge pressure is 0, the velocity is 0, k is 0.00375, omega is 3.375.
The boundary conditions were:, inlet velocity: x=12 m/s, I indicated the freestream walls, I indicatetd the pressure outlet of 0. I also indicated thet the floor was moving at x=12 m/s. I also created a wall (no-slip) with the wing geometry. After that i just made the results to show only the forces.

The values I would espect would be in [50-90] N of downforce.
Thank you for your help.

Hi @pgalamba, this is because of the size of your wing:

This is likely because you created in units other than meters, you will need to scale it.

Kind regards,
Darren

Hey @pgalamba,

Just took a quick look at your project. The model you are using has been scaled up by a factor of 1000, hence the high unrealistic force values.

You may scale the geometry down by a factor of 0.001 on the Platform as follows:

1. Create a new operation

2. Define the Scaling Factor and start the Operation.

This should solve your issue :slight_smile:

Best,
Krishna

I fill so stupid. I will try that right away. thank you so mutch

Thanks for jumping in that fast @1318980 & @kcontractor !

@pgalamba: Practice makes perfect :slight_smile:

Cheers and good luck with your simulation!