Error during simulation run

Hii
As I am new to Simscale, I am not able to figure out what is causing the error during the simulation.
I want to do CHT between a cell and the enclosure.
here is the link to the project ---- SimScale

Hi @adarshjay,

please set your project to public so that we have access to it. I am tagging @vgon_alves in the meantime who might have a look at your case.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

have made it public.

Hi @adarshjay,

Just to understand better, at a first look the image shown below that you have a gap at the left red region and a partial contact at the right region. Is that correct for your analysis?

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

No , the body is suposed to touch both the sides completely.
Will the simulation work fine if I suspend that body in the middle of that cuboidal box ??

Hi @adarshjay,

Nice to know. I’m simulating with this geometry, and it is running for now (30% now). Please, could you try that and update me if it works for you?

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

1 Like

Sure will try… Thanks a lot

Hii,
I tried, it still failed. Am i meshing the geometry in the wrong way ?

Hi @adarshjay,

That is interesting because here my simulation finished well :face_with_monocle:
I’ll take a look at yours and give you a feedback asap.

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

Hi @adarshjay,

I saw that you are trying to simulate now with a tet-dominant mesh which is not usually for CHT. So, I did a new simulation again, and that is running OK again. You can see that [here]. Try to copy what I did and let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

Hii @vgon_alves sir,

I tried with the hex mesh as well that was also showing error.
Will try with your setting as well.
Which mesh did you use during the first simulation sir ?

Regards
Adarsh

Hi @adarshjay,

I used the same mesh that I used to the Simlutaion 2, and it also worked well :smile:

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

Hi @vgon_alves sir ,
My simulation also worked well but what I saw was there was no heat transfer between the two bodies :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.
What might be the reason for that ?

Regards
Adarsh

Hi @adarshjay,

Just now I noticed that we are not working with a multi-region mesh, you know better late than never. Please set a simulation with the hex-dominant-parametric mesh enabling multi-region mesh, everything should work now and sorry for the delay in see that. Keep me updated about it, please.

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

Hi @vgon_alves sir,

I did the simulation with hex-dominant-parametric mesh enabling the multi-region mesh,The simulation got completed but again when I checked there was no heat transfer :sweat_smile:

Regards
Adarsh

Hi @adarshjay,

Then I did not saw the right mesh. I’ll take another look at this one and give you a feedback asap.

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

Hi @vgon_alves sir,

Okk.
So the problem is in the mesh or in the Geometry ??

Regards
Adarsh

Hi @adarshjay,

The first problem was in geometry and after that I saw the wrong mesh. Now I did a new run with random values like orientations, magnitudes etc (I don’t know some informations about your physics), but it is running well as you can see below.

Try to copy my project and let me know if this one satisfies you. Project link;

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius

1 Like

Hi @vgon_alves sir,

I tried to do the same setup as you have did but the results didnt come.
And I observed that you had given 323K to the cylindrical but during post processing how has more than 400 K being shown.
And when I post processed your result at time t=0 I couldnt see the cylinder to be assigned 323K.
Could you explain what could be the reason ??

the link to the project is the same which was attached at the start of this thread

Regards
Adarsh

Hi @adarshjay,

As I said before, I used arbitrary values for the simulation. For the heat source (the cylinder) I setted up 1 [W], that is the reason for the value exceeding 323K.

Cheers,

VinĂ­cius