Greetings Simscale Community
I must humbly admit despite my best efforts I have not finished this problem in the allotted time as part of the Solve It With Simscale Challenge.
With that said, I did create the proper geometry and setup an initial case to model this problem. I intend to finish this work soon.
If you are interested in the geometry I created please go to the link below and get a copy of the CAD model.
If you would like to review my setup of this problem in Simscale see the link below.
I would like to mention one big tip I learned doing this project. When you have a large number of faces to select it is helpful to deselected what you don’t need and that only leaves the remaining faces of interest. For example in this problem I was able to unselect the 6 faces that made the “case” of the pump and was left with the 72 faces that made up the vanes of the diffuser.
I will post more details soon.