Difficulties with Part Rotation in Airfoil Flow

I am attempting to run a simulation of an airfoil with a rotating cylinder placed in front. However, I don’t think I am correctly setting up the rotating wall since no matter what speed I set the rotation at, the air flow remains the same. I have included screenshots of the settings I am currently using. I want the cylinder to rotate around the z-axis and the edge of it is at the origin (0,0,0).

Hi!

Could you please attach the project link (URL of the workbench), so we can have a closer look at the settings?

Thanks!

Yes! Here it is. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

A couple of pointers based on the setup:

• Since we have very high velocities, the default mesh settings are likely going to result in y+ values which are too large (see how to optimize the layer settings here)
  • The velocities due to the velocity inlet are much larger than the velocity of the rotating cylinder (> 100x for 100 rad/s and > 10000x for 1 rad/s). With that being said, I would anticipate small changes in the flow field, but nothing major.

In any case, obtaining an optimized mesh would help to see finer differences more clearly.

Cheers